Welcome to Burn and Shine!

After a lengthy hiatus, I'm back. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Mixtured.



Hey folks, just wanted to let you know that I got to participate in the latest Mixtured Mix Tape. For those of you who don't know about it, read this: About Mixtured.

This month's theme was "Songs that would have cleared the dance floor of your senior prom." Though I only knew one other contributor on the compilation, it ended up being a very good batch of songs with some of my all-time favorite artists represented. You can stream the mix here and read all the comments by the participants: Mix #2: Songs That Would’ve Cleared the Dance Floor at Your Senior Prom.

Looking forward, I've got a compilation ready for next week (hint: it's got something to do with the festivities in Las Vegas this weekend!), but then I'll be off till I post the third installment of Candy Apples & Razorblades-- at least as far as posting compilations is concerned. I'm still anxiously awaiting comments and questions and recommendations regarding my Post-Punk series-- as my post from earlier today was met by a resounding chorus of crickets!

2 comments:

laura said...

Super cool about the Mixtured thing!

Are you going to Vegas?

Maximum Jack said...

I wish. No, I'm missing out on the big Matador Vegas Shindig, but I will be celebrating with a Matador compilation next week. Did you see the setlist from the first GBV reunion show?? [jaw drops]