Welcome to Burn and Shine!

After a lengthy hiatus, I'm back. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Salute to the Blue States, Vol. 1



Wow. I mean wow! It really was a Super Tuesday yesterday. It's the first time I've ever gotten up on the Wednesday after election day with an extra spring in my step. In honor of the occasion, I've put together the first of two Blue State compilations. As I write this, the nation still awaits confirmation in North Carolina (leaning slightly to Obama) and Missouri (leaning slightly toward McCain). Today's compilation will only feature the staunchly progressive North East states. To be sure, not all of these songs show the states in the best light, but I can vouch for the superb-ness of each song. Also, I did not take the time to sequence the compilation, but rather I decided to put the states in order of their loyalty to Obama (ie: 67% of Vermonters voted for Barack so Vermont leads things off, while Virginia's 52% has them bringing up the rear). Enjoy!

Salute to the Blue States - The North East

01. "Long Vermont Roads" by the Magnetic Fields
02. "Holiday in Rhode Island" by the Softies
03. "New York" by the Sex Pistols
04. "Massachusetts" by the Bee Gees
05. "Maryland Bridge" by John K. Samson
06. "Delaware" by The Damnbuilders
07. "Connecticut Fun" by Punkestra
08. "Maine" by John Linnell
09. "Pennsylvania is . . ." by Everclear
10. "New Hampshire" by matt pond PA
11. "New Jersey" by Red House Painters
12. "Virginia Way/Shenandoah Breakdown" by the V-Roys

Download it here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/160951103/BlueStates1.zip.html

No comments: