Welcome to Burn and Shine!

After a lengthy hiatus, I'm back. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Beautiful Noise - Shoegaze Documentary Needs Your Help!


Hey Folks,

First of all, I'm aware that Mediafire has taken down some of my public links. I will upload the Christmas Redux series some time this week. I'm not sure if MF has taken down any of my other links, if so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. We shall see. As far as I know, the Divshare links are still okay-- if not, let me know, thanks.

I do have a new compilation for you today. I was not planning this, but I thought I would do my part to help spread the word about a great new Shoegaze documentary that desperately needs our help. Please watch the trailer below:



If you are fan of Shoegaze (or guitar) music at all, please consider making a donation. More info here: Beautiful Noise Documentary. There's a little less than a week to go, and those DVD's would make great stocking stuffers!

In the meantime, feel free to download my 20-track Shoegaze primer. Not sure if all the artists I've used are featured in the film, but I feel like this is a pretty good representation of the British Shoegaze scene of the late 80's/early 90's. Happy listening!

Beautiful Noise: A Shoegaze Primer

01. 14 Iced Bears, "Inside"
02. Lush, "Stray"
03. The Jesus & Mary Chain, "The Hardest Walk"
04. The Telescopes, "Flying"
05. Ride, "Like a Daydream"
06. Flying Saucer Attack, "Past"
07. My Bloody Valentine, "(When you Wake) You're Still in a Dream"
08. House of Love, "Christine"
09. Kitchens of Distinction, "Quick as Rainbows"
10. Cocteau Twins, "Sugar Hiccup"
11. Catherine Wheel, "Crank"
12. Slowdive, "Alison"
13. Swervedriver, "Blowin' Cool"
14. The Boo Radleys, "I Hang Suspended"
15. Curve, "Superblaster"
16. Chapterhouse, "Breather"
17. The Verve, "Gravity Grave"
18. Spacemanen 3, "Take Me To the Other Side"
19. Bleach, "Trip & Slide"
20. Pale Saints, "Sight of You"

Total Time: 1:13:42

Download it here: Beautiful Noise: A Shoegaze Primerd

[Please note that if you download the compilation, the track listing will not be in the order I listed above. I did not take the time to sequence this comp. Instead, I just placed the tracks in order from shortest to longest.]


No comments: