Welcome to Burn and Shine!

After a lengthy hiatus, I'm back. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, January 18, 2010

We Interupt the Trilogy for a Special Bulletin



Hey folks, I'll get back to the R.I.P. trilogy by the end of the week, promise. I just wanted to share a short compilation I made a while back, after I picked up Joe Pernice's last album, It Feels So Good When You Stop. I put "I Go To Pieces" (see video above) on the 2009 covers compilation, but I really didn't mention much about the album. Cover albums are generally pretty novel, and this one is no exception (pun intended!). It is actually billed as a soundtrack to the book (same title) by Joe Pernice. I haven't actually read it yet, but the excerpts on the CD are pretty great. So this morning I was fishing around and found it at Amazon for the ridiculously low price of $9.97. That's for the hardback edition (paperback comes out later this year). Anyway, here's a link: Joe Pernice Book at Amazon. I have no idear how long it will be at this price, so snag it while you can (the Kindle download is more expensive).

Happy Listening!


It Feels So Good When I Stop: The Originals

01. Plush, "Found a Little Baby"
02. Peter & Gordon, "I Go to Pieces"
03. James & Bobby Purify, "I'm Your Puppet"
04. Sebadoh, "Soul and Fire"
05. Sammy Johns, "Chevy Van"
06. Dream Syndicate, "Tell Me When It's Over"
07. Dick Van Dyke, et al, "Chim Chim Cher-ee"
08. Tom T. Hall, "That's How I Got to Memphis"
09. Todd Rundgren, "Hello It's Me"

Bonus Track:
10. Plush, "Found a Little Baby (Instrumental)"

Total Time: 32:48

Download it Here: It Feels Good When You Stop: The Originals

No comments: