Welcome to Burn and Shine!

After a lengthy hiatus, I'm back. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, February 11, 2011

Power Pop Explosion! 1980-1983



Okay folks, I'm currently putting the finishing touches on my upcoming Power Pop Series, which is now officially titled, Power Pop Explosion! 1980-1983. Big thanks to Ralph Dibney for the suggestion on the title and artwork. I plan to have my first installment ready by Valentine's Day. I currently am projecting this to be a four-part set, and I'm also planning a bonus disc (that's five volumes with 125 Power Pop gems). I'll post one new compilation per week-- generally by Tuesday, but check back early and often. Any help spreading the word for this would be great, so if you have a blog or Twitter account, I'd appreciate a shout.

Also, if you have not yet voted in the poll in the top-right corner, there are still a few days left. Currently, the Plimsouls and Cheap Trick are in the lead. Here are some videos of the four nominees who have yet to receive a vote:







3 comments:

oldsoftballdude08 said...

Great title for this series. I wish every month was February. All of those videos are great band that I love with the exception of Dramarama. Last February was awesome!!!

Jamie (tacobueno) said...

You really do up a nice custom comp! I just DL'd all 4 PPE segments - thanks a lot. While I'm much more of a psych/garage kind of guy, I'd like to hear what you've put together - you seem to lean more towards the power than the pop (which is a good thing in my book). Gotta have that attitude!

Jamie (tacobueno) said...

Thx also to T. remley for the art!