Welcome to Burn and Shine!

After a lengthy hiatus, I'm back. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Grunge Revisited!

"Grunge". If you lived through the 90's, this word probably has a very specific meaning for you. It was inescapable to be sure. You probably either embraced it or you hated it. I think it gets a bit of bad rap amongst music snobs. There were certainly some artists that cashed in on the phenomenon, but there were also some really great acts. The fact that some of these really great acts made boatloads of money, probably rubbed some people the wrong way. I know I got tired of a lot of these bands. Recentely, I decided to revisit some of these albums, and I found myself enjoying the music way more than I expected. I decided to make and share this playlist. Hopefully you already own or are at least familiar with the genre defining Singles Soundtrack. This playlist works as a nice companion piece. Many of the same artists but none of the same songs. Happy listening!

No comments: