Welcome to Burn and Shine!

After a lengthy hiatus, I'm back. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Dom Mariani













Again, Thursday is a bit of busy day for me so I'm really gonna take a short cut today and send you over to another blogger's site for a fantastic compilation. But first a few words.

Dom Mariani is like the Peter Case or Alex Chilton of Power Pop Down Under. I did not really discover him until recently. I'd heard the DM3 song "1x 2x Devasted" which was featured on the awesome Pop on Top! The Cream of Australia's Power Pop Crop! disc, but that's about it. Now I realize he was a founding member of the Stems and the Someloves in addition to producing some outstanding solo albums. Anyway, most of you probably already know and love Dom Mariani, but if you haven't checked him out, now's the time and here's the place:

Awesome compilation of Dom Mariani's work from a really fantastic blog, The Un-Heard Music!

I'll leave you with this little nugget by the Someloves:

2 comments:

piratecyan said...

Greetings, small correction, he was never in the Lime Spiders

Maximum Jack said...

Ooops, my mistake! I'll fix it.