Welcome to Burn and Shine!

After a lengthy hiatus, I'm back. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

More Live Plimsouls!



























Apologies folks, but I've been listening to the Plimsouls for the past 36 hours or so, and I can't get enough 'em. I found some high quality live clips on Youtube, and just had to share. The first, according to the guy who posted it, is from 1979 and might be the first major club appearance by Eddie Muñoz with the band:



The next three must have been some sort of TV/Radio simulcast out in Pasadena. Great stuff, but I can't help feeling a little sad as I watch this. They look poised to become the next big thing-- well, we all know how that turned out.







BTW, I've added the Plimsouls to my running list of artists that need the box set treatment. Did not realize that their first album (conveniently reissued together with their first EP by Rhino in 1992 as The Plimsouls . . . Plus) is no longer available. Travesty.

No comments: