Welcome to Burn and Shine!

After a lengthy hiatus, I'm back. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, February 8, 2010

Some Good Power Pop Reading.



We're officially entering the second week of Power Pop Month here at Burn and Shine. So far it has been a ton of fun, and a tremendous success. So keep coming back and feel free to leave me comments or send me emails. I'm always looking for recommendations, and unlike some of the other full-time, Power Pop Bloggers: I haven't heard everything. So if you have a favorite Power Pop record-- especially if it was released in the '70s-- let me know about it!

Today I wanted to draw your attention to a fantastic online resource. A few years ago Magnet Magazine put out a tremendous issue devoted to American Power Pop:
























If you missed this issue in print form, the good folks at Magnet have put all of the Power Pop related articles from that issue online. So if you want a quick history lesson, head on over there: Shake Some Action: An Intro to Magnet's History of American Power Pop.

1 comment:

bglobe313 said...

I would guess you and many readers of this blog who are power pop fans know that the cover is a direct "homage" (that is, copy) of a famous Bomp! magazine cover. That issue of Bomp! pretty much defined the canon of power pop.

Let me know if you want to know more about that issue.

Ace K.